Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Colors" 2 - SOLD


I finished this companion piece to "Colors 1" last night. It took me a couple of days to get the mood back. As you can tell by the number of posts this month (or lack of) I'm not as available for painting right now. I'm getting ready for my annual trip to Italy and will be gone most of the month of September. I will paint while there and hopefully have a batch to post when I return. I want to thank everyone who follows me and are moved enough to leave me comments on my work. You all don't know how much that means to me to hear from you - it's the force that helps keeps me encouraged and moving forward. Thank you!

5 comments:

Vicki Brevell said...

Email from Dan W. sent 8/18/09:

Just got you painting, I can look at that for hours, I love it, just love it.

Vicki Brevell said...

Email from Bobbie sent 8/18/09:

This series is just SEXY!!! I don't even know why I'm saying that; it's just the word that comes to mind. I love 'em.

Vicki Brevell said...

Email from Nancy sent 8/19/09:

Again, I love this. Happy colors are so fun and so life enhancing. Are you using acrylics? Oils?

Nancy Vandenberg

Vicki Brevell said...

Emails send 8/19/09:

Thanks Nancy! These are all oils. I’m using the Liquin medium to help manipulate viscosity. I never know where they will lead me. I just can’t get acrylics to move the way I want them to. Every once in a while I punish myself by painting in acrylics, sometimes to meet the requirements of a particular show, but for the most part I just love oils.
Vicki
----------------------------------
You get beautiful results. I will have to get mine out and try them again.
Nancy

Vicki Brevell said...

Email from Glenda sent 8/20/09:

Color 2 practically jumps off the screen. If the actual painting is as 3-dimentional as the computer picture is, it must be very exciting to see. This one is really alive. If I had hours, I believe I could sit and look at it for hours. There are so many possibilities in it. Because I am so literal (left brained?), I see anatomical, topographical, other worldly and who knows what other kind of "stuff". Good use of light (if you use "light" in an abstract of just color). What was going on in your head? What were those particular colors telling you? Interesting combination. I really want to see the original. Glenda