Sunday, July 14, 2013

Maui Sunrise

I just returned from a great trip to Kentucky for an oil painting workshop with Dreama Perry.  It was a very long journey, 1070 miles by car, but well worth the time and trouble to get there.  I will be using a totally different color palette I learned from the workshop that is includes very bright cheerful colors.  We stayed in a town called Paris which was just beautiful.  There were huge thoroughbred horse farms with rolling lush green pastures all around us.  It was so green and lush it almost hurt your eyes.  They have obviously had a lot of rain and it was like being in another world.  We were lucky enough to be invited to one of the oldest horse farms in Kentucky while there.  We were able to tour the owner's home and see their operation.  This is the time of the year when the baby foals have just arrived.  We watched a couple of them run and buck in the pasture and it was a beautiful sight.  Their land and homestead date back to the Civil War.  So much history and such a rare treat to be able to visit with them.  I'm off to start painting with my new color palette.  I hope to have some new paintings showing my new lessons soon.


No comments: