Thursday, December 6, 2012

Isle of Capri - Watercolor Sketch

The next great side trip took us to the Isle of Capri which was pretty amazing.  You must be quite wealthy to live on this little island and it was beautiful.  There's a high and low end to the island and I couldn't resist heading straight to the high end first.  There's a chair lift that takes you to the very tip top of the island where you can see a fabulous 360 degree view for miles.  This sketch is of a couple of famous rocks that are perched right off the coastline and are painted quite often.  We didn't do any shopping here because all the stores were high end designer.  I saw a fabulous pair of shoes in a window but was a bit taken back at the $400+ price tag.  So off we went to the other side of the island.  I have so many photos I'd like to paint - wish I had the time to do them all. 

No comments: